The events page of my Website is crowded with new happenings. In case you don’t ever click over there, here are the highlights:
1) Bill Meyer Show (KMED, AM 1440): I’ll be appearing (is that the right word?) live on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 8:30 a.m. with Mike Green, former Web editor of the Ashland Daily Tidings, to talk about how businesses and nonprofits can improve their media exposure.
2) Media Training: I’ll be co-facilitating a hands-on media training workshop (with Mike Green) on Saturday, August 29th, 2009 at the Jefferson Nature Center. The theme is “New Relations,” how businesses and nonprofits can increase their exposure in the media.
3) Parent Talk Radio (KWMR) with host Susannah Baldwin: I’ll be appearing live on Monday, September 7 at 5:00 p.m. to talk about children and vaccines and my recent 6000-word article in Mothering magazine about the vaccine debate.
4) Jacksonville Books: I’ll be signing books at in Jacksonville, Oregon on Saturday, September 12, during the city-wide sidewalk sale (9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.) They’re located at 555 N 5th St. Updated to add: Read the report on how that event went here.
5) Literary salon: I’ll be hosting a literary salon for New York Times bestselling author HOPE EDELMAN, whose new book is entitled The Possibility of Everything on Thursday, October 8th, 2009, at my house. This private event is by invitation only so if you are interested in coming please contact me for details.
We spend so much time “socializing” on-line without ever actually meeting in person.
The older I get the more I realize how important it is to say yes, show up, and meet people in real life.
I wager you’ll be glad you went.
Published: August 20, 2009
Last update: February 2, 2020